These cards can also be used in so many different ways.
Not only are these cards highly durable, but the beautiful graphics that are printed on them will remain eye-catching. Plastic cards are not just visually appealing, they can also easily interact with most machines.
Given this huge range of possibility, any business can find a good use for a printed plastic card.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- It's possible to print durable PVC cards with materials that will bio-degrade within four years when in contact with soil.
- When made and handled the right way, plastic cards can be a very eco-friendly option for your business.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For competitive pricing and more information on custom plastic cards, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are equal, and ensuring you find the right printer for your needs necessitates a careful examination of the job ahead.
We offer the best value in plastic card printing that you'll find anywhere. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from professional technicians
The widest range of printer brands and options.
Detailed product review from other customers. Save up to 50% on printers and supplies with our everyday low prices. Support from experts before, during, and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
There are a few important things to focus on when you're shopping for your own ID card printer. Just keep these items in mind. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available as single or dual-sided models.
The single-side models are lower cost, but require more effort in printing to card backs. If you have a lot of two-sided cards to print, a dual-sided printer is a worthwhile investment. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the simpler and more affordable option.
These cards print in vibrant color directly to the card, but will leave a very thin white border around each card edge. Reverse transfer prayers also use a ribbon, but they transfer film so as to achieve a better quality of print, and there's no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes faster print speeds and that have high yield ribbons available.
If you only print small amounts, you can save money with a handfed printer, or with a printer without high volume features. 4. Lamination and visual security Laminating ID cards greatly increases their durability, which is important for any cards that will be handled or swiped often.
Lamination can be used to increase security by adding holograms.
There are also less expensive ways to make a more secure card such as holographic card stock, holographic stickers, watermarks, and similar visual security features. 5) Connection Type
These printers connect to any computer with a simple USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, ensure the printer you select has Mac compatibility. You will need to select a printer with Ethernet capability if you plan to connect to multiple computers or a network. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another name for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is another name for plastic, and while it sounds like the pipes used in construction, PVC is a durable plastic also used in the creation and printing of ID cards. If you're looking to print any kind of card or photo ID, you'll probably be using a PVC printer. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use different methods to transfer a design onto a card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular method of printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) on its entire length.
Dye sublimation is a term used mostly with color PVC card printers - when black and white PVC card printers are used, the process is referred to as resin thermal transfer. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
For a demonstration of the Badgy Printer or to download an informational brochure go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer on the market today.
You don’t need a dual-sided printer for printing on both sides of your cards.
This way you can save roughly $600.00, the cost difference between the single-sided and a dual-sided card printer.
This can save you $600, which is roughly the price difference between a single-sided and dual-sided printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides a turnkey solution for Mac or PC. The solution includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card software, and a pack of consumable supplies (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) to complete 100 prints.
Also, you can access a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can add text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more, to the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and independently!
Print your badges as needed, either one at a time or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has a printing output of 95 color cards per hour.
It's also possible to import data from an external database, which will allow you to add information to your card designs easily, so that you can initiate a print run of badges just using one command.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer can create professional-quality, personalized plastic cards that have edge-to-edge printing, all while placing great emphasis on your company’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used just like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
Using the Badgy Premium Suite software, it's very easy to manage the printer right from your computer. It's easy to print cards, and it's easy to replace the print ribbon as needed.
CONVENIENTLY SIZED! The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a standard sheet of paper, making it fit easily into any workspace.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy helps you print your own customized badges in color, with professional-level quality, whenever and wherever you want. This solution allows for the instant production of personalized, secure cards for all kinds of applications.
- A Card Printer
The Badgy card printer is as easy to use as any printer; it just prints onto plastic instead of paper.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and, even better, you print the badges you want when and where you want!
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Can be operated easily
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and can be used just like a standard office printer.
- It has a very lightweight and compact design that easily fits into nearly any office workspace imaginable.
- Evolis provides the Badgy200 solution to help you print professional-quality color badges easily.
- The Badgy200 fulfills all of your business’s card-related needs, from event badges to printing single cards for one-time promotions.
- This color ID printer is ideal for producing customized employee visitor badges or event badges.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with an install CD which includes Badge Studio Plus software, the printer driver, and a number of card templates.
- Design and print superior quality, full coverage badges, or ID cards with the Evolis Badge Studio + software, included with Badgy200.
- It's compatible with PC and Mac operating systems and allows you to create personalized badges in minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- You can get a free card template library through www.badgy.com to personalize the template of your choice by adding photos, logos, text, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all of the supplies and printer accessories you'll need to start printing cards right out of the box:
- Power supply and power cable
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description If you will only be printing a low volume of cards, You’ll find the Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System to be a very affordable solution It’s a complete, all-in-one solution that’s perfect for new users.
Here’s What the Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back.
An LCD control panel makes the printer incredibly user-friendly.
Quality and cost effectiveness When you print with Badgy200 you get sharp, rich images that cover the full card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Whether you're printing one card or 100 cards, printing costs are kept remarkably low.
Plus, you'll use less power when using the money-saving hibernation mode.
This printer uses dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with two million colors.
Also, it prints rapidly, with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever and wherever you need them – individually or as a group! Gift and loyalty cards
Event badges Visitor badges